Health & Wellbeing
Mental Health and Wellbeing has become a major focus within schools within recent years. King’s is proud to have designed our PSHE curriculum to ensure that we help our pupils improve their sense of health, happiness and overall wellbeing. The curriculum is designed to develop the pupil’s knowledge, skills and understanding of how they can manage and enhance their mental, social and emotional health.
A positive wellbeing enables us to:
- Develop a culture of care and concern for people where everyone accepts responsibility for their own wellbeing and the impact they have on the wellbeing of others.
- Make informed choices to manage and improve our own mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing, while at the same time knowing how to access support.
- Recognise and understand how to support the wellbeing needs of others by identifying areas of risk so that they can be reduced and managed appropriately.
- Encounter aspects of good health, through undertaking preventative health care, good nutrition, physical activity and personal safety.
- Regulate emotion in order to experience success and enjoyment while managing challenge and disappointment.
- Experience positive relationships and emotional connections through the development of prosocial behaviour and empathy towards others.
- Build tolerance and mutual respect through understanding the perspectives and beliefs of others.
If you are concerned about the wellbeing of your child or any other child at King’s, please contact us at Wellbeing@kingscollegedoha.com
Top Tips for Feeling Good
- Talk to someone
- Do something you enjoy
- Find ways to chill out and relax
- How to keep your cool
- Celebrate the good things in life
- Celebrate you
- Using a little help from my friends
- Remember to say ‘Thank you’
Linked to the school’s Safeguarding policy, a positive behaviour ethos and excellent pastoral care, evidence points to how this awareness of maintaining a healthy lifestyle fosters a positive and happy learning environment. This page is designed to provide you with ideas and inspiration. You will find links to educational and fun websites that our staff use specifically with children in mind; there are links to local businesses in Doha who have supported us, as well as top tips for healthy lunchboxes designed by our very own Friends of King’s College Doha.
Advice for screen time management, anti-bullying, the school’s PSHE programme and remembering how to look after our environment are also included.