The Mission of King’s College Doha is to provide an outstanding British-based education within an international context. To help prepare students in Qatar to be responsible global citizens of value and success through instilling key attributes of academic focus, curiosity, care for others, respect, endeavour, teamwork and enterprise; to develop confidence in our students through a nurturing yet challenging environment, equipping them with the skills needed for higher education and a passion for lifelong learning.
The vision of King’s College Doha is to empower, nurture and inspire students to achieve their full potential in a dynamic, international learning community, to become internationally minded leaders of the future.
Aims and Ethos
- To nurture in our students the spirit of self-respect and self-esteem, high moral values, responsible global citizenship and a commitment to the service of others.
- To pursue academic excellence with a commitment to good teaching and effective learning.
- To ensure that the years children spend at King’s College are happy and fulfilling.
- To provide a safe, welcoming, supportive and tolerant environment in which each pupil feels valued as an individual and, in turn, learns the importance of tolerance and consideration towards others.
- To encourage wide interest, participation and high standards of achievement at school and beyond in sport, drama, community service, outdoor pursuits and other activities.
- To maintain a close partnership with parents in guiding and caring for their children.
- To help each child to realise the importance of contributing to both the school and embracing local culture as internationally minded lifelong learners.
Our School Values
|Academic Focus||to enable all children to realise their full academic potential and instil an enthusiastic and engaging approach to lifelong learning;|
|Curiosity||to inspire children to develop an intellectual curiosity that extends beyond the curriculum into the world around them;|
|Care for Others||to instil an understanding that strong communities are built on a sense of responsibility and commitment to the service of others;|
|Respect & Tolerance||to develop an appreciation of human diversity and the promotion of an inclusive spirit with respect to others;|
|Endeavour||to create a culture of self-discipline in which children increasingly take responsibility for their own learning, behaviour and involvement in wider opportunities.|
|Leadership, Teamwork & Enterprise||to encourage creativity, innovation and collaboration to equip children as potential leaders of the future.|